The first version of AulaWiki was developed by http://www.escire.com
for Colegio Maria Virgen
, a spanish secondary school.
AulaWiki 0.1, has been completely rewritten and now it offers a more general set of tools that can be used not only for school (Project management, groupware...)
The most important concept implemented on AulaWiki, is Workspaces
. It allows groups administration of Tiki resources (users, groups, wiki pages, blogs....).
A workspace can be every thing that you define: a course, a student group, a project....
- Use "Admin>Admin mods" to get the code, from: http://www.escire.org/aulawiki/mods
- Once installed, assign module "aulawiki_assistant" to your group, and follow instructions there. So far, they include:
Welcome to AulaWiki!
First configuration steps:
- Assign aulawiki_myworkspaces to the users that you want to use AulaWiki workspaces.
- Change theme to AulaWiki.css.
- Define the workspace roles and permission levels.
- Define the workspace types , use MenuID 100 or define your own menu. Assign Workspace type resources default resources and Assigned modules desktop modules.
- Create a workspace of the previosly defined type.
- View workspace desktopView the workspace desktop.
- My Workspaces module show the active workspace and menu.
- You'll notice (clear tiki caches if needed) a new entry in main menu, below admin, with AulaWiki main options.
- Admin Roles
- Workspace Types
- Admin Workspaces