Once the workspaces are defined, we will be able to create the necessary workspaces for our centre.
Continuing with the example, we assume that one of the courses that distributed is Ofimática (Office Computerisation), and that within this course the professor wants to create two groups of students - Group A
and Group B
We access the workspace administration page, tiki-workspaces_admin.php, and we will complete the details for the course of office computerisation:
- Code: In the field code we enter short name to identify of unique workspace (eg. OFIMA01). This code will be automatically added to the name of each of the resources of the workspace.
- Name: In this field we type a name for the workspace, that will appear in different places, for example the module my workspaces. In this case, we choose the name of the course (eg. Ofimática).
- Description: Long description of the objective of the workspace.
- Start Date and End Date: These dates establish the period in which we want that the workspace to remain open to the users of the system.
- Closed: If this checkbox is selected, users will not be able to access the work space, unless the present date is within the period defined within the previous fields. By default, we will leave it unmarked so that it is possible to access to the course that we are creating.
- Type: In this drop-down menu, all the defined workspaces that are active. In this case we will select the type course previously created.
- Hide workspace: If we select this checkbox, the work space will not appear in the list of spaces of work associated with users in the my workspaces module. In the case of the courses we will leave this option unmarked so that the courses of every user are listed, but in the case of the groups of students (the other type of workspaces) we will mark the field so that they do not appear in the "My workspaces" listing inside "my worspaces" module, but the entries of its menu, they appear as submenu inside the associate workspace of higher range (the course to which the group of students belongs).
As soon as the course is created it will appear in the table that shows the list of existing workspaces, in the lower part of the administration of workspaces screen. The workspaces have a hierarchical relation each other, so that parent-children relationship can be established between the workspaces that we create (every workspace can have a parent and multiple children).
The courses will always be the parent of the workspaces “groups of students”. To show this relation we will have to click on the name of the course that we have just created, so that the workspaces path is shown (TOP/OFIMA01/), this path shows the active parent is the “course of office computerisation” (ofimática) that we created. Any workspace of that we create now will be a child of the course of office computerization, in our case we will create the groups of students of the course.
We can access to the workspace desktop by clicking on the view icon (the magnifying glass)